(BPT) – Birthday parties are an exciting time for all, from the party games to the presents and delicious cake, birthdays are an occasion for family and friends to come together and celebrate. There are so many ways to make a birthday party special, but why not kick it up a notch and make your next birthday party even more memorable?
Just because the party is over, doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. Send your guests home with a fun and specially-crafted goodie bag. All it takes is a little creativity and some custom supplies to match your theme. Send guests home with the ultimate party favor. Your guests will thank you for the surprise and you can be sure they will be looking forward to your next party!
Keep it simple, that’s the secret to the most successful goodie bag. Try these five tips for your next birthday party:
1. All in the family. Party favors are more exciting when they involve the whole family. Include an activity that everyone will enjoy like a classic card game or a packet of flower seeds to plant as a family.
2. Follow the theme. You’ve managed to successfully bring your child’s birthday theme to life at the party, so why end it there? Pair a party treat with your themed decorations to give each partygoer a treasured memory in their bag. For example, Hershey birthday products, available at Wal-Mart retailers nationwide, come in a variety of fun colors to match your child’s birthday bash. Whether it is pink for a princess theme or blue for an astronaut theme, you can choose from a variety of colored treats to send home with your guests.
3. Keep contents age appropriate. Make sure to tailor goodie bag contents to match the age of attendees. While 5-year-old party guests might appreciate stickers and pencils, older children might prefer something more high-tech, like a gift certificate to a mobile app store. If you have a mix of ages among your party guests, choose items that can be enjoyed by all ages, such as craft kits.
4. Include an engaging item. Rather than including trinkets that may get thrown out, choose items that your party guests can actually use. Bubbles are a crowd-favorite for all ages, and coloring books are great to have on hand for long road trips.
5. Seal it with a “KISS.” Make your guest feel appreciated by including a hand-written thank you note paired with some of the new HERSHEY’S KISSES Birthday Cake Candies. Nothing leaves you with the top hostess title quite like a well-crafted thank you and a sweet treat to take home.
To find all the supplies to make your next birthday party a hit, stop by the Hershey Birthday display in the Celebrations aisle at your local Wal-Mart and visit www.hersheybirthdays.com for recipes, crafts and other sweet birthday inspiration.